Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo 't' option -- STRANGE behavior!!!!

2004-10-20 11:30:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo 't' option -- STRANGE behavior!!!!
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:32:34 -0400
Well, what I've discovered is that even with the '-a' option, using '-t'
does NOT list index entries, bootstrap or any savesets wherein the pool
has indexing turned off. However, indexes, bootstrap and savesets from
pools with indexing turned off *DO* show up when using the 'saveset'
attribute. I then tried using '-v' option with the '-a' and '-t' as:

mminfo -s server -av -t 'yesterday 4 pm' or 'yesterday 16:00'

and then I see the index, bootstrap and other entries that were missing
when run without the 'v'. Of course, to get the output to match the
output from the mminfo command that uses the saveset attribute, I
likewise have to include '-v' option on that. What the heck is going on
here?!!!! This seems ridiculous.

Another thing I notice is that if I run the command with the saveset
attribute, but I grep out the index, bootstrap and the one saveset name
(special) whose pool has indexing turned off as:

mminfo -s server -q 'savetime>=yesterday 4pm' | grep -v "index:" | grep
-v bootstrap | grep -v

and then I compare with:

mminfo -s server -t 'yesterday 4pm'

then it matches, but if I go back a couple of days, I find a few
savesets that still show up in the first command and not the second, but
only a couple, and the pools that these write to do not have indexing
turned off. Based on what I've found, I just don't trust the '-t' option
to really give you everything. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will
leave something out that you were expecting.

George