Networker

Re: [Networker] Drive error !4

2004-10-18 15:32:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Drive error !4
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:31:24 -0600
I experienced this error on the same jukebox and LTO-2 tape drives,
using Imation cartridge just a couple of weeks ago. The LED on the drive
displays 4 and tape is stuck inside the drive. Wasn't able to manually
unload it, till I recycled the library power. Legato Networker GUI was
showing the tape drive was still writing but with a steady or fixed
throughput, monitored it for a couple of minutes/hours and was convinced
the tape drive was hunged. There is a 'reset' tape drive option on the
tape library console, but cannot clear out this particular
error/problem.

regards,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> schanda AT NETJETS DOT COM 10/18/04 01:08pm >>>
We had been having media errors in the past and the drive would show
!4
error on it. I was wondering how Legato deals with this error. Does it
still use the drive or does it disables the use of the particular drive
in
the Library?

I have seen that this error cannot be reset unless the library power
is
recycled, is there any way you can reset the drive without having to
powercycle the library? I mean can we use the RMU(remote management)?

Our Library model is ADIC Scalar100 and the drives are LTO1

Thanks

Somen

--
Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.