Networker

Re: [Networker] How does "All" get translated?

2004-10-12 09:55:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] How does "All" get translated?
From: "Dell, Mary" <mdell AT MESIROWFINANCIAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:51:36 -0500
With networker 7 anyway, you can back up a UNC link - although you can't use
"all" for this.  I have one win2k machine set up in networker to be a kind
of backup host for various UNC's - so for save sets I define the list
myself.  With UNC's you don't have to map a drive or any of that.

To find out what exactly the save set names are on an existing windows
machine, just look at the index listing in the gui for the client.  It'll
have a list of all the save sets that it's backing up.  Dunno how it
generates the list but that's one sure way to see what it's really backing
up.

for my unix machines with NFS I also define the save sets myself because it
doesn't always seem to grab them from the vfstab...