Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with nwadmin gui for a recover

2004-10-05 21:08:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with nwadmin gui for a recover
From: Karen Lehr <klehr AT OPTONLINE DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:10:09 -0400
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:02:15 -0500, Werth, Dave <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
wrote:

>Karen,
>
>To do a recover I believe you would use the nwrecover command not nwadmin.
>But getting the 'Server not Available' message would indicate that either
>you're not specifying the server name properly (try a FQDN?) or you can't
>see the server on the network.
>
>For us we've added the alias 'nsrhost' in DNS to the Networker Servers
>records.  I start nwrecover without specifying a server.
>
>Hope this helps, Dave
>
>David Werth
>Garmin AT, Inc
>(formerly: UPS Aviation Technologies)
>(formerly: II Morrow)
>Salem, Oregon
>dave.werth AT garmin DOT com

sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
>Thank you for your cooperation
>
>--
>Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via email
>to listserv AT listmail.temple DOT edu or visit the list's Web site at
>http://listmail.temple.edu/archives/networker.html where you can
>also view and post messages to the list. Questions regarding this list
>should be sent to stan AT temple DOT edu

Dave,

Since I need to restore the entire filesystem, I though I could do a
saveset recover from the nwadmin gui.  I was able to bring up the nwadmin
gui from the client, still having trouble with the nwrecover gui though. I
don't support this particular server, but I notice that the server entries
in /etc/hosts between the client and server don't match.

Karen