Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux backup server

2004-09-23 17:25:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux backup server
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:26:19 -0400
Anuj @ Ace Data wrote:

Has anyone had an experience of using Linux based backup server for Legato
NW 7.1.2. I have 2 installations and in both the jukebox does funny things
like-

It will give a message that the tape has been labeled whereas the tape is
not actually labeled.

It will recycle a tape and loose it from the media database etc.

I am using Exabyte VXA-2 in one site & Tandberg sdlt on the other site.

I have Networker 7.1.2 running on RHEL3-U3 ES as a backup server. Prior
to that I had it running on RHL 7.3 + errata. My jukebox is an IBM 4560
LTO2 attached via an Adaptec and I haven't seen these problems.

You don't give much info. Was this previously working? Recent system
changes to hardware and software? Which version of linux are you running on?

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center System Admin