Networker

[Networker] RAP error: ClientPaks for UNIX/NSR enabler does not exist in the system

2004-09-20 08:52:11
Subject: [Networker] RAP error: ClientPaks for UNIX/NSR enabler does not exist in the system
From: David De Maeyer <ddm AT RUC DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:34:56 +0200
Hi all,

I'm facing a strange problem. I want to take a full backup of one of
our server (running Solaris 8). Backup is to be done on disk (RAID).
I've defined a new client (the server we want to backup), create a
specific group for such manual full backup. No problem.

But things go wrong once I start the group. The group starts with one
client but dies immediately after the start. Savegroup notification
says that there is no enable code existing in the system! I've checked
the license and we have a NetWare ClientPack, a UNIX NetWorker (Network
Edition with 10 clients), 3 NetWorker Client Connections and finally a
DiskBackup enabler. All packs are properly enabled and authenticated
(I've check all of them). See under.

nsrlic reports that 25 connections are available. Once started
NetWorker checks the indexes for 22 clients.

We have another NetWorker server with the same enabler codes but this
one is not running!

I've been trying to screw the problem but nothing worked (restarting
NetWorker, restarting client, restarting server, deleting/recreating
the client, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Server: NetWorker 7.1.2.Build.325 Network Edition/25 - Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3.0
Client: NetWorker 6.1.3.Build.428 - Solaris 8

It worked fine with another server a few days ago. The only difference
is the OS of the client, the successful backup was performed on a
client running Debian.

Best regards,
David

David De Maeyer
Roskilde University Center, Department of Computer Science
Box 260, Hus 42.1, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
voice (+45) 46 74 38 29 mobile (+45) 27 24 60 77 fax (+45) 46 74 30 72

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 20 September 2004 14:14:14 GMT+02:00
Subject: disco.ruc.dk's savegroup completion

NetWorker savegroup: (alert) full on RAID completed, total 2
client(s), 0 Hostname(s) Unresolved, 1 Failed, 1 Succeeded. (CLIENT
Failed)
Start time:   Mon Sep 20 14:14:05 2004
End time:     Mon Sep 20 14:14:14 2004