Networker

Re: [Networker] Saveset restores in 7.1.1 from old saves in 5.5.x

2004-09-02 17:16:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Saveset restores in 7.1.1 from old saves in 5.5.x
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:18:07 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Saveset restores in 7.1.1 from old saves in...:

Has anyone else had problems with doing a saveset restore with a 7.x server
when the original save was done with 5.5.x? I finally had to do use scanner
since we kept getting the error which occurred immediately even before the
tape was read:

"cannot recover continued ssid "

I haven't had this particular problem, but I can tell you that I've had
terrible problems trying to do a recover of old savesets with a different
major version of NetWorker than they were saved under.  In my case, it was
cloned savesets done with a 5.1 client to a 5.2p2 server, trying to
recover the data after the server had been upgraded to 6.1.1.

I spent more than two months working with Legato, sometimes a couple hours
a day, trying to get this data back.  In the end Legato couldn't provide
any solution, so I had to reinstall a 5.2 server on a different host and
hook up a standalone drive to get the data back.

Good luck!

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu