Networker

Re: [Networker] Check for running backups

2004-08-27 13:28:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Check for running backups
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:37:19 -0700
> > #! /bin/sh
> >
> > cat <<! |
> > . type: nsr group;status: running
> > show status;name
> > print
> > !
> > nsradmin -i -
> >
> > Maarten
> Thanx Maarten,
>
> that should do the trick.
> If I'd leave the 'type: nsr group' away I'd probably get
> the jobs that are initiated by the clients (SAP) as well.

The 'nsradm' information will give information about any running group,
whether the group is started via the scheduler, or via a 'savegrp'
invocation.

It will not give any information about ad-hoc saves, where 'save' is run
on the client outside of any group.

Unrestricting the query string so that it's not constrained to type: nsr
group won't help at all.  I can't think of any other nsradmin value that
would be similarly useful for determining ad-hoc saves.

At that point, you're back to looking for 'nsrexec' processes on the
server, or parsing the 'session statistics' attribute from 'type:NSR'.

When any save is running (inside or outside of a group), it should be
present there.

nsradmin> show session statistics
nsradmin> print type:nsr