Networker

[Networker] Cloning tool

2004-08-09 05:22:54
Subject: [Networker] Cloning tool
From: Chris Taker <debian AT FREEMAIL DOT HU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:12:39 +0200
Hi,

I'd like to write a script to recreate a server, based on its backups.
I would do the following:
 - create a file disk device on the source server
 - a new pool resrouce, containing only the new device
 - make saveset clones with 'nsrclone' to the new device

 - transfer the file disk device to the new system
 - create/define the file disk device, create pool
 - recover all savesets found on the transferred device

My first question, is there already a similar tool made for this purpose?
I don't like to develop a 100th solution for a possibly known problem...  :-)

Other question: how can you label a file disk device (in script)? nsrjb works
only for jukeboxes, doesn't it?

thx,
Chris