Networker

[Networker] Convert server to storage node

2004-08-06 13:25:52
Subject: [Networker] Convert server to storage node
From: Somen Chanda <schanda AT NETJETS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:25:42 -0400
We currently have two NSR servers A & B independent of each other but
network connected. But we are planning to consolidate our Legato
environment. So server A will remain as the NSR server and we will convert
server B to a storage node. But we do a considerable amount restores
regularly and our Browse retention policy is 1 Year. So we might need to go
back to our old config i.e. convert server B into a NSR server as and when
required. We are currently dealing with the licensing issue with legato.

I have created a separate mount point for the nsr directory on server B and
planning to create the new storage config on this new nsr filesystem. I
will unmount the current nsr directory so that it is untouched.

But the issue is if I am converting the NSR server B to a Storage node I
will need to remove the LGTOsrvr package from the server but when we want
to go back to the old config then we will need the LGTOsrvr again.

Does anyone have a better idea, how this can done quickly and easily.

Thanks in advance.

Somen Chanda