Networker

[Networker] migrating networker server

2004-08-03 17:02:29
Subject: [Networker] migrating networker server
From: Mary-Charles Nassif <nassif AT MED.UNC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:02:15 -0400
Current server: Solaris 8
New server: Solaris 9
Solstice Backup version: 6.1 Build 186.

Some questions about the migrating procedure:
According to the Administrator's guide, after installing the Solstice
Backup server software on the new server, you should not select the
option to start the daemons, if you have an autochanger.  Does anyone
know why this is?  Is this just for the initial bootup and then I start
them up manually, since I will need to start the deaomons in order to
define the index entry?

The first step under defining the index entry is to create a new
hostname for the new server with the same configuration as the old
server...is there any way to 'copy' the configuration from the old
server to the new one, instead of just re-entering the information?

As for a backout procedure, in case something goes seriously wrong, we
should just be able to shut down the new server, reconnect the jukebox
back up to our old server and start everything back up on it, correct?

Thanks for your help!

Mary-Charles