Networker

[Networker] Changing available slots?

2004-07-30 21:35:22
Subject: [Networker] Changing available slots?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:37:33 -0400
I changed the available slots on our ATL P1000 tape library (nwadmin
GUI) from 1-30 to 1-29. The reason is because I have set up the 'Auto
clean' feature on the actual library itself and will not be using
NetWorker's cleaning functionality. I have a cleaning cartridge in slot
30, and the library knows about it because it has a bar code (CLN###)
and I reinventoried the tapes on the library. However, I still see that
I have 30 slots when I look at the mount window in nwadmin, AND if I
inventory slot 30, instead of getting an error, as I would have
expected, it actually inventoried that tape, so it ended up loading the
cleaner tape! How do I get NetWorker to see that slot 30 is no longer in
the range? Am I gonna have to delete and re-run jbconfig? I don't wanna
tell it that is has 29 physical slots, I just want it to realize that it
only has 29 of those 30 available.

I'm thinking that I might have to enable 'Auto clean' on NetWorker, set
the cleaning slot value and then disable 'Auto clean', and maybe at that
point it will obey?

I changed the slots on our STK library from 1-81 to 1-79 (last 2 slots
for cleaning), andset up 'Auto clean' on that library, and NetWorker
obeys the new slot range there. If I tried to inventory anything in
80-81, it gave me an error, so it worked there. Hmm ...

We're running 6.1.1

George