Networker

Re: [Networker] Identifying suspect savesets and clflags attribute?

2004-07-26 16:25:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Identifying suspect savesets and clflags attribute?
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:25:23 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Identifying suspect savesets and clflags...:

Hmm.  Possible.  I'm not familiar with it.  My assumption was that
'suspect' reflected a read error in the past, and that any hard errors
during a save would abort the session.

Can a saveset be listed in the volumes window as suspect if you've never
read the tape? I'm just a little confused here, and I wanna put together
a script that I can run each morning to check for any of these bad
apples that ran the night before, and we will not have read from them or
cloned them. We can only afford to run clone certain special data sets,
but I can always re-run a backup for a failed or suspect saveset.

Perhaps others can fill in more, but my understanding was suspect only
after read.

Does anyone else see suspect without a read?

I believe they can be suspect without ever having been read:

- find all volumes with at least one suspect saveset:

       mminfo -q 'suspect' -r volume | sort -u

HECN_GP_Clone:052
HECN_GP_Hosts:001
HECN_GP_Hosts:003
HECN_Misc:002
Long_Term_Manual_Clone:009
Long_Term_Manual_Clone:011
NDSU_ITS_Admin:001
NDSU_ITS_Admin:002
NDSU_ITS_Admin:005
NDSU_ITS_Misc:014
NDSU_ITS_Misc:051
NDSU_ITS_Misc:065
NDSU_ITS_Misc:075
NDSU_ITS_Misc:076
NDSU_ITS_Misc:082
NDSU_ITS_Misc:083
NDSU_ITS_Misc:086
NDSU_ITS_Misc:088
NDSU_ITS_Misc:103
NDSU_SLA:008

- find how much has been read from each of those:

for v in `mminfo -q 'suspect' -r volume | sort -u`
do
       mminfo -q "volume=$v" -r volume,read | egrep -v volume
done

HECN_GP_Clone:052  0 KB
HECN_GP_Hosts:001 90 GB
HECN_GP_Hosts:003 328 MB
HECN_Misc:002      0 KB
Long_Term_Manual_Clone:009 0 KB
Long_Term_Manual_Clone:011 0 KB
NDSU_ITS_Admin:001 2588 MB
NDSU_ITS_Admin:002 1102 MB
NDSU_ITS_Admin:005 1604 MB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:014  3 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:051  0 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:065 24 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:075  0 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:076  0 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:082 101 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:083  0 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:086 1930 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:088  0 KB
NDSU_ITS_Misc:103 78 GB
NDSU_SLA:008       0 KB

As you can see, we have quite a few volumes with one or more suspect
savesets that have not been read since they were last relabelled.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu