Networker

Re: [Networker] Directed Recover with DDS

2004-07-26 10:00:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directed Recover with DDS
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:00:30 -0400
I noticed this in the early days of DDS, but wasn't sure if it was a fluke,
but the other day I had a chance to try it out on a 7.1.1 system, and it
still appears to work.  If you mount the required volume to the
destination's drive before you start the recover request, it should use
that "local" drive instead of sending over the network.

HTH, cf