Networker

[Networker] Exchange-Backup canceled from client with RPC error

2004-07-22 04:25:55
Subject: [Networker] Exchange-Backup canceled from client with RPC error
From: Nele Paulsen <bido AT SNAFU DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:15:50 -0400
Hi,

we have a Networker Backup Server installation 6.2 on Solaris 8 Host
with a tape library connected and a Windows 2000 Enterprise Exchange Server
as a client system.

The Exchange logfiles are on internal disks, while the database files of
the stores (*.edb and *.stm) are on HP-SAN-Disks. We are talking about 45GB
to backup.

Often the backup is canceled with message "internal error, backup canceled
by client system" and "RPC error, unable to send".

It doesn't matter if the server or the client is initiating the backup.
The error occures in both cases.

What I have tried without success:

1) moved all mailboxes to new store (should have the same affect as
defragmentation with eseutil)
2) I used isinteg with -fix on all stores
3) eseutil /mh and /k shows no errors

When I make a normal backup with ntbackup - no problems.

We also make MSEXCH:MB backups.
We get the same RPC error but for different individual mailboxes.

I can't understand the 'pattern'.
The backup is canceled let say after 3GB. You start it again. it is canceled
with 35GB on tape.

Has anybody had a simular error.
What's wrong? What can I do next?

TIA,