Networker

Re: [Networker] how to control storage node's JB?

2004-07-19 20:09:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to control storage node's JB?
From: Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT TUCOWS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:09:05 -0400
Rodney Rutherford wrote:

Maybe I missed something (I didn't read all of the thread), but aren't
you trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer?

The nsrjb command already provides the ability to manage remote jukeboxes
by default:

       -j rd=<storage_node_hostname>:<jukebox>

ie:

       nsrjb -j rd=storagenode1:juke1 -C

   Strange, but I've just tried what you suggested and it did not work.
   Are you sure ?
   Besides, Davina's tip is quoted in FAQ-O-Matic on backupcentral.com
and nobody has ever questioned its usefulness...

   http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/networker-serve/cache/170.html

And if you are on the storage node, you just need to add -s <server>
for your
master server to the command (if you don't it will prompt you for the
server
hostname).

In other words, it is no different than managing local jukeboxes on
the master,
other than you need to prepend rd=<storage_node_hostname>: to the remote
jukebox name.

At least current versions (7.1.x) of NetWorker work this way.

Rodney

Reed, Ted G II [ITS] wrote:

I wish I could take credit for this...but it's from an email by
Davina Treiber.
-------

How can I run a command on the server that will run an nsrjb command
to control a jukebox connected to a storage node?
Using nsrexec, the same as nwadmin does. The following commands are
an example of how to accomplish this on Unix:

# export RUSER=root
# export RCMD="nsrjb -s servername -j jbname -L -b poolname -S1-10"
# nsrexec -c storagenodename

-------
Hope this helps.  I can confirm that it works fine in a
master/storage node environment.  And any command you can run on the
storage node can be entered in the RCMD variable.....
--Ted