Networker

[Networker] verify label problem (NW7.1.2 & AS 2 SR3)

2004-07-15 03:36:45
Subject: [Networker] verify label problem (NW7.1.2 & AS 2 SR3)
From: Thorsten Linow <Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:36:12 +0200
Hi,
We're running Networker 7.1.2 and Alphastor 3 SR2 together on on Sun V880
Server.
Our STK9840 tapedrives are connected via SAN and controlled by ACSLS.
The bunch of STK9840 Tapedrives are configuerd as smartmedia-jukebox_9840 in
networker
another bunch of STK9940B Tapedrives are configured as smartmedia-jukebox9940
in Networker
Now we have a logical 9840 drive in the networker GUI having the status verify
label.
-The volume is clearly mounted in Alphastor and in ACSLS.
-The status inside the networker GUI is verify label and a "mt -f /dev/rmt/7cbn
 status " shows me a mounted tape.
-The tape is not unloadable by networker.
-asvolunmount will sucessfully unmount the alphastor and acsls device but not
the logical networker device.
-Setting the drive into servicemode wouldn't help.
-"mt -f /dev/rmt/7cbn release" or "mt -f /dev/rmt/7cbn offline wouldn't clear
the loaded slots, loaded barcode and loaded volume entries
  for the logical device inside the (smartmedia-)jukebox inside networker-GUI.
-deleting the enties in loaded slots, loaded barcodes and loaded volumes for
the coresponding logical drive inside the jukebox-configuration is not allowed
anymore
  since NW7.1.2
-"nsrjb -vvvH f drive98_40" takes houres without sucess.

Any sugestions else than delete and create logical drive in networker or
restarting networker?

Thank's in advance & kind Regards Thorsten Linow