Networker

[Networker] Storagenode & Cluster configuration insight networker

2004-07-09 07:40:22
Subject: [Networker] Storagenode & Cluster configuration insight networker
From: Thorsten Linow <Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:39:50 +0200
Hi,

Short description:
Backup of logical host in "Cluster_one" via SToragenode_one
while
restoring logical host of "Cluster_one" towards "Cluster_two" via
"Storagernode_two"

Detailed setup-description:

Cluster_one:

One Sun cluster "based on Sun cluster 2.2"  consist of two physical
Clusternodes ("CNode_1" and "Cnode_2")
on "CNode_1" we have a locical host "LHost_1" running an oracle 9 instance
"ora_LHost_1"
on "CNode_2" we have a locical host "LHost_2" running an oracle 9 instance
"ora_LHost_2"

CNode_1 is a Networker Storagenode having 3*2GB HBA's connected to SAN
Tapedrives; storagenode only for himself and LHost_1
CNode_2 is a Networker Storagenode having 3*2GB HBA's connected to SAN
Tapedrives; storagenode only for himself and LHost_2

incase of a cluster-crash of "CNode_2", "CNode_1" tookover "LHost_1" and
"LHost_2" and both DB's, also Storagenode functionality for the
corresponding LHost change to the available CNode.

incase of a Cluster-crash of "Cnode_1" viceversa.

each CNodes has it's own GBit NIC in the Productiv VLAN (Hostname:
CNode_1.work.net) and a 2nd GBit NIC in the Backup VLAN
(G_CNode_1.backup.work.net)

for "CNode_1" and "LHost_1" the storagenode is "G_CNode_1.backup.work.net"
for "CNode_2" and "LHost_2" the storagenode is "G_CNode_2.backup.work.net"

Cluster:two:

The 2nd cluster is based on Sun Cluster 3.1, consist of two physical
Clusternodes ("CNode_A" and "CNode_B")
on "CNode_A" we have two logical hosts "LHost_A1", running one oracle 9
instance and "LHost_A2" running the Applications Filesystems.
on "CNode_B" we have two logical hosts "LHost_B1", running one oracle 9
instance and "LHost_B2" running the Applications Filesystems.

CNode_A is a Networker Storagenode having 4*2GB HBA's connected to SAN
Tapedrives; storagenode only for himself and "LHost_A1" and "LHost_A2"
CNode_B is a Networker Storagenode having 4*2GB HBA's connected to SAN
Tapedrives; storagenode only for himself and "LHost_B1" and "LHost_B2"

each CNodes has it's own GBit NIC in the Productiv VLAN (Hostname:
CNode_A.work.net) and a 2nd GBit NIC in the Backup VLAN
(G_CNode_A.backup.work.net)

for "CNode_A" and "LHost_A1" and "LHost_A2"  the storagenode is
"G_CNode_A.backup.work.net"
for "CNode_B" and "LHost_B1" and "LHost_B2"  the storagenode is
"G_CNode_B.backup.work.net"

Now, as settup is described, here's the chellange:

I want to perform a Backup of the oracle9 instance "ora_LHost_1" on "LHost_1"
via storagenode "CNode_1"
WHILE
I  Restore the one day old Backup of the same oracle instance "ora_LHost_1"
towards "LHost_A1"
VIA
StorageNode "CNode_A"

Any idea how to setup the networker configuration for the
Cluster-nodes/logical-Hosts?

The Backup-Server is a Sun V880, running Networker 7.1.2 & Alphastor 3 SR2,
Tapedrives attached via SAN, controled by ACSLS

sorry if confusing...:-}