Networker

Re: [Networker] MMINFO Questions

2004-07-08 19:14:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] MMINFO Questions
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:02:29 -0700

> I want to find all the volumes that are not in my library, so I thought this
> would work:
>
> Mminfo -s server -q "!location=library"
>
> But it seems to ignore the ! and gives me the same results as
>
> Mminfo -s server -q "location=library"

That's right (although it may depend on the version of Networker).  At
least through 6.x, text fields only support equality matches.  You can
only negate boolean flags usefully.

> Note: I use the location field to track which Tape box tapes are in so
> location='' won't work.

Script it....
mminfo -s server -av -r 'location,volume' | grep -v '^library'

> Also,
>
> We stagger our full backups over a weeks period.  I would like to pull all
> the full backups for two weeks ago backups.  I tried something like this:
>
> Mminfo -s server -q "savetime<3 week ago, savetime>1 week ago,level=full"
>
> but it gives me a non-overlapping range specified for `savetime' error

Right.  You're asking for things which have a start *date* less than 3
weeks ago and a start date of more than one week ago.  So it has to be
more than 3 weeks old and less than 1 week old.  Reverse the
inequalities.

mminfo -s server -q "savetime>3 week ago, savetime<1 week ago,level=full"