Networker

[Networker] Label Before job or Let Networker Do it?

2004-07-08 17:12:06
Subject: [Networker] Label Before job or Let Networker Do it?
From: Jack Lyons <jack.lyons AT MARTINAGENCY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:11:51 -0400
Networker will label tapes automatically when it needs a tape and there is
one available that has expired.

It seems to me that if I leave 15 tapes in the jukebox that have expired, it
would take longer to run the backup because every time it needed a tape it
would have to stop and label a one and than resume the backups.

Is this true?

The reason is that I am taking a long weekend and I am putting 60 tapes in
for the 4 days I will be gone, but since I have two pools I don't want to
run into the situation where I have tapes in one pool that are labeled but
empty and another pool that needs tapes.

Jack

This email and its contents may be confidential.  If it is and you are not
the intended recipient, please do not disclose or use the information within
this email or its attachments.  If you have received this email in error,
please delete it immediately.  Thank you.