Networker

Re: [Networker] Too many open files

2004-07-08 09:54:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Too many open files
From: "DEMILDE Gregory (BMB)" <Gregory.DEMILDE AT PROXIMUS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:42:32 +0200
Thorsen,

Your problem sounds familiar ...

We have 2 Networker servers, one with 146 clients and  8 storage nodes
and the other 250 clients and more 20 storage nodes. One server is
running 6.1.3 and the other 7.1.2.  Server and storage nodes are running
on PrimePower 2000 domains and SunFire 15K domains. There are 2 ADIC
S10K and 2 ADIC S1K all virtualized using SDLC software.

We also suffered "too many open files" syndrome during heavy load.
ulimit -n is set to 2048. No fix was proposed by Legato except to also
lower tcp_time_wait_interval to 60000 (by default it is on 2400000).

Greg

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is
confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended
for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our
website at http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.