Networker

[Networker] lanfree backup in a SAN

2004-07-07 10:02:02
Subject: [Networker] lanfree backup in a SAN
From: Antonio Ettorre <antonio.ettorre AT ERPTECH DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:51:38 +0200
Hi to all,
  i have a question about use of Networker to backup in a SAN environment.
WE have 3 host Red Hat Linux and we want to realize a lanfree backup.
We have a single HBA for this host which they are connected to SAN's
switches.

What we need to realize this project?
Especially we need some License pack to use SAN environment or just connect
the library to backup server, other hba for single host?
We are really lacking in knowledge about the infrastructure we want to
realize, so please can you be more verbose as you can?

Thank's
And sorry for my english

Cordiali Saluti/Best Regards
Antonio Ettorre
System Engineer
ERPTech SPA V.le Teodorico, 7 20149 Milano
Cellulare: +39 348 2643097
--

Ue man! If you really enjoy don't worry how much you spend