Networker

Re: [Networker] staging immediatly after backup

2004-06-28 15:17:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] staging immediatly after backup
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:17:15 +0100
Wolters, Keith wrote:
I've got Legato 7.1 and I've been searching through the Legato docs as
well as the archives of this list to see if there is any way to create a
custom backup command which will stage a saveset from disk to tape upon
completion.  It seems to me that I need a way to capture/ascertain the
SSID of a completed saveset in order to have any chance of kicking of a
staging command automatically.

Hmm, yes in order to run nsrstage you will need to establish the SSID.

If you are doing this in a custom backup command you are working at the
granularity of a single save set. Your backup command will be passed a
long parameter list that you can parse and should be sufficient to write
an mminfo query to uniquely identify the save set after you have written
it. You then run the save command (save $@), followed by the mminfo
query, to give you the SSID that you can use as a parameter to the
nsrstage command.

The other way to do it would be to run the staging at the end of the
group. You can trigger a script by configuring a notification that runs
it on completion of the group.