Networker

Re: [Networker] Why large incrementals on MS?

2004-06-24 11:55:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why large incrementals on MS?
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:54:55 -0500
Some additional notes.

1. If this is a server where Exchange PST files may be stored (email
personal folders from Exchange), all it takes is for a user to open up
outlook and the archive bit is turned on. Do a search for *.pst and see if
you have many of those. You may find people with huge PST files that have
archive bits turned on only because Outlook was opened.
2. Make sure someone with security access did not set up a directory where
the account that handles the service for Legato backups was only given read
access to a directory but not access to turn off the archive bit.
3. If 2 is true you may also want to verify that you are not being locked
out of other directories where no access is given to the account handling
backups.

James Rohrich
UOP LLC
25 E. Algonquin Rd.