Networker

Re: [Networker] System32 is missing in backup

2004-06-22 11:53:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] System32 is missing in backup
From: Carlo Giuliani <carlo.giuliani AT ADECCO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:41:47 -0400
Hi,

I've just discovered the Networker mailing list, and I see we are not the
only people to have enountered this problem with System32.  However, an
uprade from 6.1.1 to 6.1.3 (on both the server and the client) last year
did not resolve the problem.

In our case, the problem occurs on one Windows 2000 domain controller.
There is no MS-Exchange or BSM involved.  Other domain controllers with
the same configuration in the same domain do not have this problem.  The
problem came to light during our disaster recovery testing last year, and
persists.

What happens is that the backups appear to be complete and sucessfull, but
no WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory appears when we browse for recovery.

In practice, restore of the server has been sucessfull (so far) because
most of system32 is included in the system state.

         Carlo