Networker

Re: [Networker] Change tapes between slots

2004-06-17 10:51:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Change tapes between slots
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:50:48 -0400
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Ba Cha wrote:

>I would like to move tapes between slots.
>I have beening trying to load a tape into a drive and unload it into
>another slot.  I am successful sometime, but most times it returns the tape
>back to the original slot.  I am on NW 7.0 on Solaris with L100 tape
>library.

Does your tape library have a load port that's accessible
via NetWorker? If so, just do an

nsrjb -w xxxx

and than when the tape is withdrawn, do a

nsrjb -d -S yyyy

and then nsrjb -I -S yyyy

where xxxx is the name of the tape you want to move and
yyyy is the slot into which you want to move that tape.

By the way, just out of curiosity, why do you want to do
this? What are you trying to accomplish?