Networker

Re: [Networker] Index conversion

2004-06-15 21:21:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index conversion
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:21:08 -0400
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Librado Pamintuan wrote:

>Is it possible to migrate or convert client indexes created from Legato
>NetWorker for Unix-AIX to a Win2000 server O/S?

I don't think so.

>Is there a documentation from Legato on the steps/process regarding
>this?

If there is documentation, you can find it at http://www.legato.com but
the problem here is that the index entries all involve different paths
since Windows and AIX utilize completely different file systems.

Why would you want to go from AIX to Windows? That's a big step backwards,
in my opinion. If you want to migrate to cheaper hardware, consider Linux
on a PC or Linux on an IBM Blade server.