Networker

[Networker] Corrupt database issues. A little guidance please

2004-06-14 10:30:59
Subject: [Networker] Corrupt database issues. A little guidance please
From: Paul Crossman <pcrossma AT ORANGE DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:30:32 -0400
Since we're all talking about scavenging databases and such, I thought I
would put my issue to the masses and see if anyone has a different take
on it.

I've got a database corruption that did not get resolved by following
the scavenging procedure (ran it twice to be sure).  I've been working
with Legato on this and the support tech is researching some things, and
I said that I'd post a note to the mailing list to see if there are
others out there who have an opinion.

Here's my environment:

Server:  Win2k SP4 running Networker 6.2
Storage Node:  Red Hat 7.2 running Networker 6.1.2
Library:  ADIC Scalar 1000 w/ 4 SDLT 220 drives
Client OSes:  Windows (NT/2000/XP), UNIX (Red Hat(various), SCO
Unixware, Solaris)

Considering there is database corruption, Networker is performing quite
well.  I have no operational problems to speak of at this time.  Is
there a way to find the database corruption and potentially remove the
elements causing it?  I really don't want to trash everything in my
media DB as I use it as a central point to track where tapes are and
when they left the site.

If anyone has any thoughts on this or needs more information to help,
I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
Paul C.