Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem restoring an older NDMP backup

2004-06-10 15:58:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem restoring an older NDMP backup
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:58:05 -0400
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Stan Sander wrote:

>What does mminfo show for the ssflags?  A normal NDMP backup would be
>vNF.  Have you tried nsrck -L6 po-d?

Thanks Stan. the ssflags are all vNF. Using "nsrck -L6 po-d" does not
change anything either; I just tried it. My suspicion is that what
probably happened is that the first tape in the sequence probably got
clobbered when the unexpected reboot occured, probably couldn't place a
tape mark at the end of the data that was being written at the time of the
crash. I suspect that's why I can only see three volumes out of what
should be four.

Unfortunately, I am under pressure to finish up on this restore (even if
it does not succeed) because the auxiliary Mirapoint box that we are using
is urgently needed for a development project and the person in charge of
that project is unhappy that he can't have the system. I also need to do
some test backups of that system to try out a Sony tape drive that we have
on loan. As such, I think this might be the last shot we take at restoring
this person's email, but I would like to know definitively why this
restore isn't working.