Networker

Re: [Networker] Pool Names Case Issue

2004-06-10 15:25:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Pool Names Case Issue
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:25:08 -0700

> I am currently using NetWorker v.7.1.1 on an HPUX 11i server, and as far
> back as v.6.1.1 -- possibly earlier -- I have been able to use group
> names with embedded spaces, e.g., "Group 01.15", without problem.  The
> interesting issue I found is that after moving a different NetWorker
> server installation from Solaris to Win2k, I had to change all the group
> names from something like "Group 01:15" to "Group 01.15", as Windows
> cannot deal with a colon (:) in the name.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I used groups with spaces back in 5.x.

Savepnpc would break in those situations.  It scans a line from the
server directly (no real opportunity to rewrite it) and parses tokens
with whitespace.  It did not work with group names that had spaces.

It may have been fixed at some point in time by now.  I haven't tried to
test that annoyance in 6.x or later.