Networker

[Networker] Default tapes still being used

2004-05-26 12:29:28
Subject: [Networker] Default tapes still being used
From: Chad Smykay <csmykay AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:29:02 -0500
O.k. now it my turn:

Has any one seen this issue on any version of NetWorker

NetWorker server is setup to write all indexes and bootstraps to a pool
called "Server"
In the server pool the NetWorker FQDN name is listed in the clients field.
This causes all indexes to be written to a separate pool of tapes (pretty
standard practice here).

NetWorker has another tape pool called 1week and 2week.
These pools have diff groups setup to go to each pool.  For example
"Group1-1week" and "Group1-2week."

Most of the clients for each pool backup to either the main NetWorker server
or a Storage node defined in the storagenode affinity for each client
configuration.

Now here is the problem we are seeing.  For some reason these storagenodes
still want a tape called "Default" to write to.  I don't know why as
everything should be going to these separate set of pools.  I have tried
added the storagenodes to the client list in the "Server" pool that backs up
all the indexes and it still wants these "Default" tapes.  Does anyone know
of anything that would be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Chad Smykay, RHCE, LCNA
Systems Storage Administrator
Rackspace Managed Hosting (TM)