Networker

Re: [Networker] Second Request: No Index entries for NT 4.0 clients

2004-05-25 11:54:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Second Request: No Index entries for NT 4.0 clients
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:54:15 -0700

> Save set retension is not longer or shorter.  Save sets are actually
> marked as recyc for the entire volume, but the flags are what keeps it
> from being made available.

You've lost me here.

I took your first message as saying that some savesets with problems
would cause the volume to not recycle properly.  I think you're saying
that some flags are set which cause that to occur.

Which flags would that be?

The recycle time of the volume should match the longest recycle time of
any saveset on the volume, whether there were problems with the saveset
or not.

The only flag I can think of that would affect the recyclability would
be the 'manual recycle' flag, which is not set by networker
automatically.  Is there something else I'm missing?