Networker

Re: [Networker] Second Request: No Index entries for NT 4.0 clients

2004-05-25 10:57:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Second Request: No Index entries for NT 4.0 clients
From: Richie Hinson <richie.hinson AT MCI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:57:34 -0400
It is very possible that the volumes are not recycling because they are
being flaged during backups.  Although you have successfull backups if the
there is an error such as an open .pst file which can't be backed up or
any such error that places a "*" beside the entry line in the savegroup
notification, these save sets will not become available because they have
been flaged as having possible issues.  I usually change the mode on the
volume to recyclable. I think the fact that there are no indexes may be an
unrelated issue.  When I checked with Legato a couple of years ago there
was not a solution for this, but may have one by now.  Hope this helps.

Richie