Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging only the full backups

2004-05-24 12:44:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging only the full backups
From: Kenneth Larsen <Kenneth.Larsen AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:45:24 +0200
Take a look at the nsrstage command. its easy to script to migrate the
savesets you specify, using mminfo into a tekst file.

Just make sure you can hold a full month of incremental + at least 1 full
backup on your disk device.
I would still setup a pool for the automatic migration proccess to use in
case the disk device runs full for one reason or another.

the staging policies would look something like:
High water mark 90%
Low water mark 75%
saveset selection oldest savesets
max storage period 30 days

After a full backup is run you run the mminfo query to find the SSID's og
the savesets pipe them into a tekst file which is then used as input for
the nsrstage command.

if all goes well you should have it up an running in no time.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of 970  million Euro and more than 8,000 employees, Steria
is one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe.
Steria Denmarks ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming
3 years. Our focus expertise is in:  e-Business, e-Government,
Outsourcing, Infrastructure, CRM and Workflow.

Joseph Mesterhazy <jmesterh AT IASTATE DOT EDU>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
24-05-2004 17:50
Please respond to Legato NetWorker discussion; Please respond to Joseph
Mesterhazy