Networker

Re: [Networker] Does Networker server backup /nsr/index?

2004-05-20 17:49:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Does Networker server backup /nsr/index?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:51:08 -0400
Well, I would look under saveset recover for the server and then they
should be listed under index:client at least for 6.1.1 or later, but,
yes, as near as I can tell this is normal. The server only backs up its
own index. The other client indexes get backed up when those clients
actually run their backups. There should be a '.nsr' file under each
index with something like:

+skip: * .?*

I assume the server sees all these skips and just ignores all the
indexes, but it knows to override this when backing up its own index?
You can force backups of the other indexes by putting all clients in a
special group, e.g. 'index' and then launching backup as: 'savegrp -O -l
level group'. This will also save the bootstrap. I guess you could also
explicitly save all indexes on the server by running the save command
and forcing it to ignore the .nsr files with something like:

save -b pool -l level -i /nsr/index

George