Networker

Re: [Networker] Module for Oracle : No matching devices

2004-05-20 14:50:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Module for Oracle : No matching devices
From: Scott Clemons <scott.clemons AT MERCYIC DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:50:36 -0400
I'm the DBA, as well as one of three Legato Admins.  I have seen the LSM
mess with the Networker, so I was very careful not to install the LSM.
Never-the-less, I worried about that too.  I did use the fuser command to
verify that the processes using libnwora.sl were identical to the processes
using libokb.sl.  As well, I verified versions with the what command.

I hope to have the client and NMO reinstalled, but we found a work-around.

It seems as if the client nsrexecd process "thinks" of itself, 'lawson', as
the default nsr server and not the true server 'legato2'.  I suggested to my
Unix Admin we might need to remove and reinstall the networker client and
NMO.  He thought we could try forcing the nsrexecd to look to the server
'legato2' with the command-line switch: $ nsrexecd -s legato2

Lo and behold that worked.  I've tested the server-initiated savegrp for the
NMO client and I hope to see it run in the group tonight.

I've gotten alot of good help from this list and collegues - Thanks to all!!