Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.1: target sessions ignored when relabelling recyclable tapes

2004-05-20 11:30:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.1: target sessions ignored when relabelling recyclable tapes
From: Chad Smykay <csmykay AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:29:51 -0500
Hey Ty,

Don't quote me on this but we did see some issues like this back in the day
with 6.1.3.  What would happen is NetWorker was waiting on let's say 6 tapes
for a particular pool.  After it got one loaded a very high number of
sessions went to that first tape drive.  This meant that it basically
ignored ALL the definitions setup for that drive.  We did talk to Legato
about this but we only saw it happen a few times, less than 3, and really
did noting more with it.  It is interested that this type of bug is still
around in 7.1.1 though.  It sounds like under certain conditions NetWorker
completely ignores any drive or parallelism settings.

Hope this at least helps in proving that your are not crazy :)

Chad Smykay, RHCE, LCNA
Systems Storage Administrator
Rackspace Managed Hosting (TM)