Networker

Re: [Networker] Client id -- final question and 2 observations

2004-05-19 18:40:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client id -- final question and 2 observations
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:41:57 -0400
That all sounds logical. I guess it would be interesting to see, though,
if the id really did need to be the same for the recovery to work,
assuming you had the luxury of time to screw around. Certainly, it would
appear that you need to create the client, but whether in fact its id
would *HAVE* to match is something that I guess I'd need to test. Of
course, since it's trivial to make it match, there really isn't any
reason I can afford that you should not go ahead and do it. Having a
mismatch could be tugging on Superman's cape. Having the id match,
however, seems like less of a tug.

George