Networker

Re: [Networker] Client id versus resource identifier?

2004-05-19 17:15:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client id versus resource identifier?
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:15:11 -0700
On May 19, 2004, at 11:26 AM, Davina Treiber wrote:

Darren Dunham wrote:

The other copy is associated with the client, and is in the resource
files for the client (visible/modifyable with nsradmin).

Sorry to disagree, but the client ID is NOT in the res files. It is
accessible with nsradmin, but I guess nsradmin is just getting it from
the media database. And I'm not sure that it's modifiable in any
circumstance.

Correct on both counts.  Client id is stored in the media database and
is only settable at client creation time.   The nsr rap server does not
store all of the attributes in the res files; some come from other
locations or are purely dynamic.

Byron