Networker

[Networker] recovering indexes

2004-05-19 14:54:44
Subject: [Networker] recovering indexes
From: "Leonard, Roger" <Roger.Leonard AT MARCONI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:44:20 -0400
I have inherited a pile (120ish) of DLT's that comprise the backups of a
development operation that i need to restore.  these are made up of NT and
unix backups.  i have been able to recover the unix backups with the eval
version of legato ok using a combo of scanner -m and then scanner -i of the
final backup tapes but this backup does not include everything.  i now need
to recover nt desktops that were backed up periodically over the course of a
couple of years.  could someone point me in the right direction of how to
get a complete client list and listing of all the full savesets from the
backup server?  i tried to recover the backup servers /nsr/index files and
all i could find were the top level directories.  any help would be greatly
appreciated as my legato experience is minimal.

roger