Networker

Re: [Networker] Client id versus resource identifier?

2004-05-19 13:10:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client id versus resource identifier?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:10:04 -0700
> I just wanna be clear about this and confirm that it's not the index
> where the id is stored, nor the res file but rather the database itself
> since you can query for the id with mminfo, correct? In this case, since
> the resource id is irrelevant, then there would be no need to recover an
> older version of the nsr.res file?

There have to be two copies, otherwise the one copy could never be in
conflict with anything.

One copy is associated with the saved data, and is stored in the media
database for the savesets (visible with mminfo).

The other copy is associated with the client, and is in the resource
files for the client (visible/modifyable with nsradmin).