Networker

Re: [Networker] LGTpa50711 - Novell save-set recover issue

2004-05-19 08:22:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] LGTpa50711 - Novell save-set recover issue
From: Michael Hurst <mhurst AT NOC.UTORONTO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:22:33 -0400
I added us to the affected customers list after attending a User Form in March.
We were told during the Form that this fix was not scheduled in engineering and
would take a year to complete, once they started.

They also told us that they would prioritize this based on the number of
affected customers.
At the end of March, we were the 8th customer added to LGTpa50711.
I would imagine, from watching this list, that there are only about 10 to 12
affected customers now.
This doesn't produce a very strong case.

We need to get everyone on board and/or a customer with a lot of $$$ pull with
Legato/EMC.
If not, there will be 12 of us switching to Veritas, who provide an excellent
NetWare client.

PS. I provided George Raetzke with our NetWare numbers and have since tried to
contact him offline, without success.
If you are out there George, let us know how you made out with Novell :-)

Cheers,
Michael Hurst
University of Toronto
EMAIL: michael.hurst AT utoronto DOT ca