Networker

Re: [Networker] Program not registered

2004-05-14 02:28:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Program not registered
From: Anuj <anuj AT ACE-DATA DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:57:51 +0530
Hi Randy,

Are you able to take file system client initiated backups of the same
server.

If no, please ensure that /etc/hosts files of both the server and client are
updated properly with IP address & fully qualified host names. Test Ping
both the servers with IP & hostnames. If still there is a problem, use the
host name as well as fully qualified host name in the alias field in the
Client resources on the Networker server. Do not troubleshoot RMAN script
till you have successfully taken a manual client initiated backup.

If yes, use a simple command from Oracle - sbttest {filename}. {filename} is
any small text file(may be a single liner). If media management link is
proper between Oracle libraries & Networker server, this file gets backed up
in the default pool else let me know I have a step by step system of testing
Oracle integration with Legato as I had been fighting these RMAN issues on a
customer with Oracle 8.0.6, 8i & 9i on Solaris with multiple databases in
one setup. Any of my experiences might help you also.

Thanks & Regards,
Anuj Mediratta
Ace Data Devices Pvt. Ltd.
I-132, Kirti Nagar,