Networker

Re: [Networker] Installing a Storage Node

2004-05-12 17:27:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Installing a Storage Node
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:27:45 +0100
Spindler, Brian wrote:
Thanks.

Are all the tape drives supposed to be under the servers name in the
devices list in nwadmin?  I am getting an error where I try to inventory
the remote storage node: "No such file or directory: neo.dc.ruesch.com".

I'm trying to inventory on a server that is on a different domain then
the NetWorker server but that shouldn't matter right?  I can ping,
nslookup etc.. The server resolves.  Is there something I'm missing?
I've setup the storage node (installed software, ran jbconfig, I can see
all the rd=... I just can't inventory"

Not quite sure what you are trying to say here. The following fact might
help you: All jukebox operations (i.e. nsrjb commands such as load,
label, inventory etc.) must be run from the machine that controls the
robotics for the jukebox.