Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux client not backup'ing

2004-05-07 12:58:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux client not backup'ing
From: Chad Smykay <csmykay AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 11:57:30 -0500
Olaf,

Check the following

Tcpwrappers:

Check to make sure that you /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny is setup to
allow portmap connections from your server.

For example:
/etc/hosts.allow

 portmap:   x.x.x.x

/etc/hosts.deny
 portmap: ALL (If you want to deny all other rpc traffic)

Also check to make sure that your debian load does not have a default
iptables script in place.  Print out iptables with

 iptable -L

And review the rules.  For more informaiton on how to work with IPTABLES do
a google search on it.  You will find MORE than enough information.  Also
make sure that if you do have any iptables rules that you allow localhost on
the RPC port.

Hope this info helps.

Chad Smykay, RHCE, LCNA
Systems Storage Administrator