Networker

[Networker] Cloning issue possibly database related

2004-05-03 16:56:04
Subject: [Networker] Cloning issue possibly database related
From: Paul Crossman <pcrossma AT ORANGE DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:55:59 -0400
This one has got me stumped.  I'm not sure what's going on.

Here's the deal.

Networker 6.2 running on a win2k server.

I use a home grown clone script for backup cloning and it has worked
flawlessly until now.

I'm trying to clone savesets between December 1, 2003 and January 7,
2004.

I had 3 clone volumes with some data on them of savesets from the above
mentioned period.  I removed the volumes (specifying "remove file and
media index entries".  Now when I run the clone script to clone data
from 12/01/2003-01/07/2004, I get failures.  I can successfully clone
other data though.  For example I ran a clone job to clone all savesets
in a certain pool in the past 12 weeks that only have one copy in the
database where the tape is in the jukebox.

Mminfo finds the savesets just fine, but when nsrclone runs I get the
following error.

C:\PROGRA~1\nsr\scripts\tmp>c:\Progra~1\nsr\bin\nsrclone -S -f
c:\Progra~1\nsr\scripts\tmp\tofulldiffclone2.txt -b "FullDiff Clone"
nsrclone: skipping aborted save set 3984803331
nsrclone: cannot clone save set 3831326977, series is corrupt
nsrclone: add_to_snodes: FALSE from vallist_add_ssid

The first nsrclone error speaks for itself, it's the 2nd and 3rd that
are a little confusing.  The Legato Knowledge Base suggests it's a
staging issue, but I'm not using staging of any kind.

Any thoughts on this???

Paul C.