Networker

Re: [Networker] How to determine completion time?

2004-04-29 10:52:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to determine completion time?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:52:17 -0700

> A couple questions here on saveset times.
>
> 1. Consider the date and time shown for a saveset, either in the GUI
> saveset recover window or command line (mminfo -vq 'volume=volume_name'
> or maybe mminfo -vq 'ssid=value' or some such thing). Is this the start
> date/time or completion date/time? I'm pretty sure it's the start and
> not the completion but just wanted to double check.

The start is correct.

> 2. How can I determine the completion date and/or time for a given
> saveset?  I see this for the group completion notifications that
> NetWorker emails, but would be nice to obtain this from command line for
> specific savesets.

This was used as part of the answer recently for calculating group
completion after the fact.

     savetime    time         9  The save time (on the client).
     sscreate    time         9  The creation time (on the server).
                                 If the client and server clocks are out of
                                 sync, this time may be different from the
                                 save time.
     sscomp      time         9  The save set's completion time. This is
                                 the time the save set backup was completed.

It doesn't explicitly say so, but I'm assuming 'sscomp' is also server
based, rather than client based.  I'm not certain of that, though.