Networker

Re: [Networker] backup mail server very slow (linux)

2004-04-29 09:28:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup mail server very slow (linux)
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:28:03 -0400
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, David De Maeyer wrote:

>I forgot to mention that - of course - the backup is done on SDLT tapes.
>
>And the server itself seems to be ok, no problem with any of the other
>clients.

AFTER you verify that your network hardware settings are 100 FULL, or as
fast as the hardware permits, do a search on the web site where you
download your Linux distribution from. Search for "tuning" to see if
there are any adjustments you can make to the network parameters that
might improve network throughput. BUT check the network settings first
as that's the likely culprit for slow backups.