Networker

Re: [Networker] Can't mount volume -- not in media index?

2004-04-27 15:48:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can't mount volume -- not in media index?
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:48:46 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Can't mount volume -- not in media index?, George...:

>I have a volume (FUL649) that I can inventory just dandy. In fact, the
>"volumes" listing under nwadmin shows several savesets on this tape, and
>the tape is full. However, if I attempt to mount the tape, NetWorker
>loads the tape but then generates the following:
>
>Verified label of FUL649 (NOT in media index)
>
>and then ejects the tape. If I run: mminfo -s server -q 'volume=FUL649'
>everything shows up just fine, so seems it is in the media index?
>
>Any thoughts?

Figure out the volid of the volume that *is* in the media database.  You
can do this any number of ways, but the easiest is probably

        mminfo -mav | grep 'FUL649'

volid should be the 3rd column from the end (right after the capacity
column, which probably has a unit of GB).

Next, you need to find out what the volid is on the tape.  I'm not sure
if there's an easier way to get this, but you should be able to load (but
not mount) the tape, and then do a

        scanner -nmv /path/to/loaded/device

(note the -n, as in "no, don't really do anything, just show me what you
would do").  One of the first things scanner should spit out is the
volid it reads from the tape.

Does it match what the media database says, for the "other" FUL649?

My guess is it does not.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu