Networker

[Networker] (MIgration) nsrjb -I

2004-04-22 15:35:24
Subject: [Networker] (MIgration) nsrjb -I
From: Matt Hemingway <matt.hemingway AT PCNALERT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:09:46 -0700
Heyo.

I currently trying to migrate our Networker server from Solaris to Linux.  I'm
following the Disaster Recovery plan to do this.

So far, I've:

1.: Shutdown the Solaris server (the original).
2. Put the IP of the Solaris server as an alias on the Linux server.
3. Installed Networker, started it up via nsrexecd && nsrd.
4. I then ran jbconfig and went through the steps.
5. Ran nsrjb -vHE

I am now running nsrjb -I (doing an inventory) and it's been running for almost
an hour now.  I'm wondering if this is normal (for it to take this long)?  I
have an 18 slot StorageTek L20 Library with a Quantum DLT8000 drive.  The last
line in /nsr/logs/daemon.log is:

04/22/04 09:14:47 nsrd: /dev/sg1 Verify label operation in progress

It's now about 10:10 a.m.

On the Solaris server, if I would put in a new tape that hadn't been labeled
and did an inventory, when Networker would get to that tape it would take about
20 minutes or so for it to scan the tape (or do whatever it is it does).  Is
that what's going on here?  I can see that the loader/library arm thingy is
sitting in the back of the library where the drive is.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

-Matt